Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The time has come to say goodbye to our summer days. Our days have begun to get much shorter.

Finley started second grade today and it is hard to believe that I only have a couple of weeks to work on getting his bike light on. He will soon be riding to school in the dark and then arriving home only about 45 min before darkness returns. Finley is so excited about his new school and teacher. She has a lot of neat things planned that of course I have volunteered to assist her. He is going to be a part of Battle of the Books and gets to have P.E. 2 days a week!!! He thinks that is great!

Eddie started the school of 'mama' today. He is doing extremely well. We are going to conquor tying our shoes by the end of September. He can read a very easy book called Puppy Takes a Bath. I have to help him with a couple of the words. He counted all the way to 50 today just randomly...

Eddie and I are going to help Finley's librarian catalog the new Battle of The Books choices tomorrow. Eddie is excited because he at least gets to visit a school... WE plan to be very involved in PTA, helping the librarian, and assisting Finley's teacher when needed.

Goodbye Summer!!! Hello new school year!!!

No comments: