Saturday, March 11, 2017

I made it through an entire week of teaching. I am happy to report I have been able to return to my original job! I am no longer covering 7th grade literacy. One of our HS teachers returned from maternity leave and our principal put her in the literacy position. Her original position had a mandated writing training that she missed while on maternity leave. A student teacher covering her class was sent to the training and must remain in the position for the remainder of the year. This change did not go over well with my 7th grade students. They are angry I am not with them all the time in literacy. I explained that I have been neglecting my 8th grade students due to the need for 7th grade literacy coverage. They finally seemed okay with the fact that I will be in for half of the block, I reminded them at least they still get me for half the time. The new teacher will be great. She is tough and that is what they need TWO tough teachers. Plus, I am exhausted from being the only one in the room de-escalating situations all day! Two will be so much better than one! I am so behind with assisting the 8th graders. PSSA's are in 3 weeks and I am worried they won't even get half of a percent of a gain on the test. I was hoping for 5%.

No comments: