Unexpected snow days are the best! A snow day that was called by 9:30 p.m. the night before is even better!! Hard to believe we had a snow day considering Feb. 8 showered us with sunshine and 63 degree temperatures.
We enjoyed our snow day with warm fires in the fireplace, Eddie using the snowblower for the first time, and hot chocolate. We had a much needed 'lazy' day in our house. It made my inability to move around much so much better having my people home with me all day. Finley is the only one that had to work the day of the snowstorm, so we dropped him at Chick-fil-A at 4 p.m. When we picked him back up at 9 p.m., the roads were slippery so we anticipated a school delay for Friday morning. The call came at about 5:30 a.m. for the school delay. I let the kids sleep in as late as possible and was even able to get some of my IEP paperwork caught up.
This days off for my injury does not equal a vacation. I am continuing to write lesson plans and work on IEP documentation for my case load. I really need to get back at school in order to test the remainder of my students that need updated testing in their file. Amazingly, I keep almost as busy with school work at home. The difference at home is there are very few interruptions and I am not balancing teaching and paperwork.
I have completed 3 days of PT so far. My back is still not great. I can move a little faster, but still in continuos pain. My physical therapist says she will have me running again by the weekend. It will only be on the treadmill and I will have to start with 2 miles, but at this point I will take it! I am putting a lot of faith in her and myself to make this happen. I am supposed to run a half marathon April 1st with my niece in Lexington, KY. Crossing my fingers I am running it and not walking!! I return to the workman's comp doc tomorrow. Until then... Hope this finds everyone healthy and happy! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment