Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Yesterday was my first day back since the injury I sustained last Tuesday courtesy of fighting students. I am still experiencing severe back pain and move more like a turtle than a human at this point. Yesterday was a great day. The kids were happy to see me and actually worked. I praised and thanked them and even gave a few hugs, which is a big deal considering a lot of my students have bed bugs and lice. Today did NOT go well!!!  A student decided she didn't like that she received a zero for refusing to complete a test. She proceeded to scream obscenities at me and when I explained to her the policy and we talked about it rationally and she returned to her seat continuing to curse me and mumble under her breath. The other students then reminded her that I had always been clear about the expectations in the classroom. This angered her even more and she proceeded to run through the classroom and threw three desks at me and students. I had to jump to not get hit by flying desk and the jumping has made my back even worse. The conditions I teach in are unacceptable. Thank goodness no students were injured but what if a desk had hit a student??

No comments: