WE MADE IT!!!!!
We arrived to Kodiak Island, AK at 11:30 a.m. today... We were welcomed to "the rock" with open arms and familiar faces!! What an exciting day for our boys and us! The Jutras family (we know them from Ecity) were patiently waiting and took great photos of us as we pulled into to port... Can't wait for all to see!! The spouses club also informed me really quickly that they need a 1st grade teacher at our elementary school--scary words to hear when you have only been on "the rock" for 5 minutes!
We were also very fortunate, after the housing office realized we were on the wrong waiting list, to find out that there are a couple of houses available. We looked at 2 today and are just going to take the weekend to re-group and relax before we decide. 3 years could be a long time if one makes a not-so-good home choice...
We plan on working on new cell numbers this weekend as well. We will update everyone with new addresses and phone numbers as soon as we get them established!!!
Wanted to let everyone know we are safely "home"!!! I am sure you have all figured out I still can't post photos -- I figured out it is bloggers problem--it's not working right now for photos!! Will post all pics after our Seattle trip as soon as I can! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment